Speculative literature doesn’t begin or end traditional publishing. That’s why we include indie/self-published features in many of our issues. It doesn’t begin or end with prose, either. That’s why we include poetry.
Beginning in 2019, we’ll also be featuring profiles and works by Black comic creators in each of our issues + on our website in an effort to amplify these projects. So if you’ve got something upcoming or something in the world already that you’d like to see get more attention, we’re here to celebrate you.
If interested, send an email to comics [at] fiyahlitmag [dot] com addressed to Danny, L, or FIYAH containing the following information:
- Names of Writer/Artist/Colorist/Letterer/Editor (Plenty of books don’t have this full team, but if you do…)
- Purchase link and/or site to check it out i.e. Gumroad or a personal site. If it is not viewable online just yet, you can skip to the attachments below.
- Is it/Will it be available on Comixology?
- Is it/will it be available to preorder through Diamond Comics Distributor? Then give us the item code and Final Order Cut Off Date (FOC)
- Cover Art + 2-5 sample pages depending on size of the project. Watermarked is fine, attachments should not exceed 50MB.
Works should be SFF/speculative in nature and, of course, produced at least in part by Black staff. This definition of Blackness is globally inclusive, includes biracial/mixed race, and Afro-appended creators.
We will be in contact with folks for additional details and interview questions.