We are currently seeking a Non-Fiction Editor. See details below.
FIYAH Literary Magazine is seeking a non-fiction editor to join our award-winning staff! This is a new position, so the Non-Fiction Editor will be provided the support to mold the processes related to the department. Non-fiction content would relate to the craft, history and/or analysis of Black speculative fiction and fandom. The position pays $400 per issue plus a $200 bonus per year on staff, and can be performed remotely.
- Solicit or otherwise acquire up to two (2) works of non-fiction for publication in each quarterly issue
- Provide necessary edits in accordance with FIYAH’s stylesheet, policies, budget, and standards of quality
- Issue and secure contracts for contributors
- Adhere to publication deadlines
- Attend bi-monthly virtual meetings with the team
The aspiring non-fiction editor should have:
- 2+ years editorial experience
- A familiarity/proficiency with American English and AAVE standards of written expression
- A working knowledge of genre topics and content across all mediums as they relate to Black creators
- A thorough familiarity with FIYAH, our goals, and mission statement
Please complete the form below by [date] and include 2-3 clippings or links to pieces you’ve edited elsewhere. Applications close December 31st.